When you sign into your TurboLeads account for the first time, a new phone number is provisioned for TurboLeads correspondence. The TurboLeads phone number acts as a second line on your smartphone so that all of your new lead correspondence can be managed and tracked accurately by the TurboLeads application. You can’t customize or change your assigned number yet, but we do our best to make sure the number matches your local area code. You can find your account phone number at the top of the Settings page in the TurboLeads interface.
Why do we do things this way?
There are two big advantages to using the separate phone number for TurboLeads correspondence: tracking and auto-routing. When you use the app to place calls and send texts, these actions are tracked automatically so that you can see a timeline of all communications you’ve had with each of your leads. Also, in the future, when we add support for multiple agents per account, incoming calls to the account phone number will automatically ring through to the assigned agent for that lead.
How do outbound calls work?
When you place an outbound call via TurboLeads, the application essentially initiates a conference call. It works like this:
- Click the "call" icon for one of your leads
- Your phone rings as the TurboLeads application calls your personal number
- Answer the call, and you will be prompted to press 1 to be connected to your lead
- Press 1, and the "conference" call to your lead is initiated via your TurboLeads phone number
How do inbound calls work?
Inbound calls to the TurboLeads phone number simply route to your personal phone line as usual. It works like this:
- One of your leads dials your TurboLeads phone number
- You receive an incoming phone call from TurboLeads (indicating that this is one of your leads calling)
- You answer the call as usual (no dialog or special inputs are required for incoming calls)
How do outbound text messages work?
All text messages are routed via the TurboLeads application without using your native SMS plan. It works like this:
- Click the text icon for one of your leads
- Compose your message within the TurboLeads application, and click the send icon
- Your message is delivered by the TurboLeads application using your TurboLeads phone number
How do inbound text messages work?
Again, all text messages are routed via the TurboLeads application without using your native SMS plan. It works like this:
- One of your leads sends a text message to your TurboLeads phone number
- You receive a notification from TurboLeads letting you know you have a new text message
- Click the notification to be taken directly to the client details view
- The SMS message content is shown in the "recent" section
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the TurboLeads phone number, we want to hear about it. Please contact our support department at 866-645-7700 or email@example.com.