Important Note: iHOUSE mail uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) POP as well as SSL SMTP email as a standard feature on all our email hosting accounts. As such, when setting up your third party email program or service use the secure connection feature often noted as an option or setting “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)”.
The following are instructions for Setting up Outlook 2007 to use your iHOUSE Email.
- Open Outlook 2007
- Select “Tools” from the Outlook Menu Bar
- Select “Account Settings”
- On the “E-mail tab,” click the New button
- Check the box next to “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”
- Click the Next Button
- Choose the Radio Button for “Internet E-mail”
- Click the Next Button
- Under User Information, do the following:
- In the “Your Name” box, type your full name the way that you want it to appear to other people.
- In the “E-mail Address” box, type the complete e-mail address. Make sure to include the user name, the @ symbol, and the domain name, for example, email@example.com.
- Under Server Information, do the following:
- In the “Account Type” list box, choose POP3.
- In the “Incoming mail server” box, type the full name of the server.
This is mail. followed by your domain name, for example:
For SSL use Port 995
- In the “Outgoing mail server” box, type the full name of the server. This is mail. followed by your domain name, for example:
For SSL use Port 465
You may have to check “Require Logon using Secure Password Authentication” to enable SSL.
Note: Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may not allow use of our Outgoing mail SMTP server address. If this is the case, you will not be able to send email from this account.
- Try changing your outgoing Mail server Port from 25 to 1025. This can be accessed from the Advanced Tab during Setup or by clicking through the following Tools > Accounts > Mail> Properties> Advanced. If this does not work be sure to change the port back to 25.
- Most ISPs that prevent use of other companies Mail servers will include an email address as part of their service. You may want to contact your ISP and set up that email address in Outlook. Then you can change the “Reply to” Settings to show your iHOUSE account and use that to send email.
- Consider using iHOUSE Webmail instead. iHOUSE Webmail has all the standard features of a POP3 program like Outlook with the added benefit that you can access it from any computer with a connection to the Internet. If you want to keep copies of your email on your computer you can still set up Outlook without the ability to send email. Be sure to change your Outlook delete settings to not delete messages from the server. Click here to learn how.
Note: Do not use your ISP’s outgoing mail server. Due to evolving anti-spam tactics online this classic fix is no longer viable and can cause your email to be blocked by other providers.
- Under Logon Information, do the following:
- In the “User Name” box, type the user name you selected upon creating the email account. This is your complete e-mail address. (i.e. Bob@bobsdomain.com)
- In the “Password” box, type the password you created with the email account.
Note: Remember, your password is case-sensitive.
- Optional: Select the “Remember password” check box.
Note: You have the option to have Outlook remember your password by typing it in the Password box and selecting the Remember password check box. If you choose Outlook to remember your password, you won’t have to type your password each time you access the account. However, this also makes the account vulnerable to anyone who has access to your computer.
- You will also need to do the following:
- Click More Settings. On the Outgoing tab, make sure the check box for “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” is NOT checked.
- For your POP3 account, click More Settings. On the Advanced tab, under Server Port Numbers, under Incoming server (POP3), make sure that “The server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” check box is NOT checked.
- Optional: Under more settings is the option to have Outlook 2007 leave a copy of your messages on the server.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.