Your Widgets are any piece of content that you can move around when you edit your homepage or subpages.
Many different things can be found in widgets:
- Logo: Your corporate logo
- Photo: Your agent photo
- Contact Info: Your company name and contact information
- Banner: Upload a personal banner to the home page of your website
- Welcome Text: A paragraph or more of text welcoming website visitors
- Featured Listings: A few of your most recent listings with a link to see all of them
- Slideshow: An alternative way to present your featured listings
- Open Houses: A list of upcoming open house events
- Testimonials: Build your credibility by posting quotes from your references
- Custom Content: Create your own text, images, and multimedia
- And more!
To view and edit your widgets, log into your iHOUSEweb admin menu, click Edit Website, and click Pages, then click edit on the same row Homepage is on under the Standard Pages section, then under either the Homepage or Subpages Layout tabs, there will be places to add, edit or remove widgets under the content sections.
Widgets go hand in hand with your Homepage Layout.
Your template comes with some widgets already loaded on it. To add additional widgets:
- When on your Homepages or Subpages Layouts, decide which column you wish to add the content to and then click the Add new content link at the bottom of that column.
- A dropdown menu will appear asking you what kind of content you wish to add. You can select from a list of widgets or add your own custom ones.
- Once you have made your selection, click Add this content and you will see your new widget added to the column.
- Check your homepage after you add new widgets to make sure that it looks the way you want it. Your website will look best when your columns are all approximately equal in length. You can always go back and move your new widget to a different column.
Note: If widgets have no content to display they will not show on your site. For example, your Open Houses widget will not show on your homepage if you have no upcoming open house events. Past open house events are automatically hidden. Also note that if a column has no widgets to display, then the column will not appear. This way, you only have to use the columns that you need.
To remove a widget from your homepage, click the red  icon on the right side of the block.
Note: Removing a widget from your homepage DOES NOT delete the content of the widget. It will still be available to add back to your homepage at any time by clicking on the Add new content link.
You can reorder widgets within a column by clicking and holding down on the icon on the left side of each widget. Drag it up or down the column and drop it where you want it.
Note: You can only drag and drop widgets within the columns that they are already in. To move a widget to a different column, delete it from the current column then click the Add new content link in the desired column. Select your content and click the Add this content button (Not all widgets will be available in all columns due to width restrictions).
To edit the widget, simply click edit on the right side of the block. Depending on the type of widget, you may see different edit screens.
For example, editing the Welcome Text widget will take you to a screen with a text editor. Editing your Featured Listings widget will take you to your related Featured Listings page, where you can edit the rules for which listings to display, how many to show on your homepage, and in what order.
Note: Editing any of these settings (other than the number of listings to display on the homepage) will apply to both the widget AND the full Featured Listings page. As always, make sure to save your changes.
Custom Content Widgets
Custom content widgets allow you to add any type of content you want to your homepage. You can add text, links, graphics, or use HTML to make your own content. Always be sure to check your new widget on your live site to make sure it displays correctly.
Custom Form Widgets
Custom form widgets allow you to add any of your custom forms to your homepage. If you have no custom forms, go to your Pages menu, make a new custom form, and come back to your homepage to add it as a widget. Always be sure to check your new widget on your homepage to make sure it is displaying correctly.