Listings Manager Overview
The versatility of the iHOUSE ELITE Real Estate Website continues to astonish many REALTORS(R). Especially when they realize what a powerful tool the Listing Manager is. An ELITE site can automatically populate your listings based on your MLS (when bundled with IDX), it can also enable you to manually enter and manage your Real Estate Listings.
In this video demonstration we show you step-by-step how to effectively manage every aspect of your listings in the ELITE admin panel. It’s a comprehensive walk-through designed to thoroughly educate you on this awesome feature.
Here, you can add listings manually, edit listings, view listings, and change listing settings such as status, visibility, and auto-update. To view a listing, simply click the blue link with the address and MLS number of the listing.
To edit a listing, If you're in Edit Mode, go to the Listings tab. Under Manage your Listings, click the edit link on the listing you want to edit.
You can set your Listing Status into one of three categories:
- Active - The listing is available and will be displayed on your website.
- Closed - The property is no longer active. Marking a listing as closed allows you to feature the listing on your website by adding additional information about the property, such as the closed date, closed price, and any notes you may have.
- Inactive Listings are highlighted in red on your Listings page and are your past listings that are no longer on the market. These listings do not display on your website. They will automatically be deleted after 100 days unless you change the status to closed or turn auto-update off so you can edit them manually. If your listing goes active again after a period of inactivity, the auto-updater will detect it and act accordingly.
You can also set the Visability Status of your listings.
On the Listings management page, there is a column titled Visable. Hiding a listing is a better alternative to deleting it (especially for auto-updated listings).
To change the visibility settings for a listing, simply click on the visibility icon for that listing.
- If a listing is visible, it will be marked with an eye icon  and will display on your website.
- If a listing is hidden, it will be marked with an crossed out eye icon  and hidden from website visitors.
If you are on a listing’s edit page, you will see a Hide this listing checkbox at the top of the edit page. This is another spot where you can control a listing’s visibility, but make sure you click the “Save Listing” button when done.
Note: Inactive listings are always hidden.
The process for deleting listings varies depending on the management settings for the listing.
- If you Manually added a listing:
- Auto Update OFF: Clicking the delete icon  will ask for confirmation before deleting.
- Auto Update ON: If the listing is still active in the MLS, It will reappear. To prevent this, you should hide the listing instead of deleting it. It won't appear on your website, but will remain on your Listings tab.
- If you used Listing Auto-Update:
- If the listing is active, instead of a delete icon, you will see a not mine link instead. Clicking this link will take you to a page confirming where the listing, and all listings associated with that agent are in fact not you. If the listings are not yours, click Remove Listings at the bottom of the page. This will turn off auto-update for all related future listings. If an auto-updated listing is yours, but you don't want to display it, you must hide the listing instead of deleting it.
Why can’t certain listings be deleted?
If you are using our auto-update feature, we search the MLS for all of your current listings and add/update them on your website for you. If we find a listing in the MLS that is not on your website (as judged by the MLS number and address), we will add it for you (even if you tried to delete it from your website). If we find the listing on your website, then we will not re-add the listing. That’s why it is better to hide auto-updated listings rather than to delete them.
If you do not want to feature any of your Inactive listings, you have the option of deleting them all from your Listings page. Please be absolutely positive that you do not want to feature any of these listings as Closed Listings before you delete them. Deleting them is irreversible. If you are positive that you do not want them, click the “Delete all inactive listings” link at the top or bottom of the Listings page. You will see a list of your Inactive listings. Review it carefully, then if you are sure you want to delete them all, click the “Delete Listings” button.
Add new listings to your website or edit ones you've already created. This section covers how to manually input your listings from the Listings main page. Listings are ordered by the date on which they were entered in the MLS, with the most recently added listings first. If you have more than 25 listings, they are shown using multiple pages.
Add featured listings that they want to spotlight on your website. Change the page’s title, change the publish settings and add navigation links, determine how many listings to show in the matching homepage widget for this page, and the order in which to display your listings everywhere they appear. You can also add a block of text to the top of the page as a description of the listings you’re featuring. Also learn about Listing Rules and create different listing pages for different kinds of Listings.
You have the option of setting your Elite Website to find and add your listings automatically. Listings that are set to auto-update are marked with an icon of blue circular arrows on the Listings tab in Edit Mode. To turn auto-update on or off, simply click the auto-update icon of the listing you wish to edit.
You can also set the auto-update setting from the edit screen of a specific listing.
If you have one of our Office packages, chances are you’ll want to include not just your own listings on your Office Website, but listings for all your agents as well. Learn more about listing management for your office.